KMI Executive Team
Dr. Ayman El Tarabishy
Executive Director, KMI; Executive Director, International Council of Small Business (ICSB); Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies, George Washington University, School of Business
Dr. Ayman El Tarabishy is currently an Associate Teaching Professor of Management at the George Washington University’s School of Business. He teaches various courses including Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship, and Innovation and Creativity in the MBA on-campus and online program.
Dr. El Tarabishy was awarded Most Outstanding Faculty voted by students in 2014, 2013, 2012 and 2011. He developed the first Social Entrepreneurship and Innovation and Creativity courses offered to MBA students throughout the school of business.
Dr. El Tarabishy is also the Executive Director of the International Council for Small Business (ICSB), the oldest and largest non-profit organization across the globe devoted to advancing small business research and practices. ICSB is a coalition of more than a dozen national organizations across the globe and represented in over seventy countries.
Dr. Paul M. Swiercz
Director of Strategy and Development, KMI; Professor of Management, George Washington University, School of Business
Dr. Paul Michael Swiercz is a professor and chairman of the Department of Management (2005-2008, 2013-present) at The George Washington University in Washington D.C. Dr. Swiercz has published more than 35 refereed research articles; his case studies on Home Depot and Delta Airlines have appeared in six best selling strategy text books. His case study — Food Lion vs. the UFCW: Time for a Change? — was selected for the Best Case Award by the 2002 Academy of Management. He has been interviewed by numerous news organizations including CNN and has taught and presented seminars in Greece, Cyprus, France, Germany, Trinidad and Brazil.
Dr. Swiercz served as editor (1998-2002) of the journal Human Resource Planning and is director of the Strategic HRM Partnership Projectat GWU, developer of the SWIF Learning (Student Written – Instructor Facilitated Case Writing) and co-developer of the Cognitive Intrusion of Work Scale (CIW). In his capacity as a consultant and trainer he has directed workshops for ATT, General Motors, Cornell University, Telecom Egypt, the State of Georgia, China Petrochemical Corporation, the Pentagon, and others.
Dr. Swiercz is the founder and principal in the firm Executive Selection and Development International (ESDI) and developer of the workshop Strategic Business Thinking: A Skill Building Workshop for Competitive Thinkers.
Operations Director, International Council of Small Business and The Korean Management Institute
– Work directly with Board of Directors, President, and Executive Committee to carry out operations around the world.
– Strategic role includes creating, testing and implementing new products for members and private-sector partners such as websites, journals, publications, videos, webinars and more.
– Operational role involves managing day to day activities like IRS filings, working with QuickBooks, invoicing and bill pay, marketing to new and existing members, and more.
– Event role involves creating and hosting conferences around the world, with a focus on executive meeting agendas. Responsible for soliciting speakers, designing programs and more.
Won Seok Han
Program Coordinator, School of Business, BBA in Finance
– Work directly with the executive team to bring out marketing strategy to new and existing members.
– Assist event management from soliciting speakers to on-site preparation.
– Maintain websites and publications up to date with due diligence.