The Korea Innovation Center is hiring!
KIC-DC is a non-profit start-up, created as a global outpost of Korea’s creative economy policies. The mission of KIC is to provide assistance to Korean startups and entrepreneurs worldwide by developing and delivering strategic programs.
The DC office based in Vienna, VA has an opening for a Manager in the Business Development department. This position would help build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships. Applicants should have minimum of 5 years of professional experiences and a background in developing business in startup companies and raising funds from Venture capitals.
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Must be self-motivated with his/her own performance and achievement
If interested, please email (1) cover letter addressing qualifications and salary requirements and (2) resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on KIC, please visit http://www.kic-global.re.kr/abroad/washington.